Second Wind - 64' Bertram
RedRum Sportfishing is very proud to announce the newest addition to our fleet, the stunning 2014, 64′ Bertram “Second Wind.” The Second Wind arrived from Florida late last year and quickly starting making noise during the October Marlin Tournaments. No other boat in Cabo brought more fish to scales during the 3 different big money tournaments in 2018. One advantage she has over other boats in Cabo is technology (I’ll explain more below.) The other advantage is the Captain and crew. Captain TJ Dobson has been a fixture in the Cabo fishing scene for for as long as any local can remember. TJ has over 30 years experience fishing Cabo San Lucas, starting aboard small Panga boats when he was in his early teens after moving with his family to Cabo from Oklahoma. From there he began captaining his own small boats and eventually larger yachts, working his way to becoming one of the winningest tournament Captains in the Pacific, not to mention one of the most well respected.
What about that technology? From the Sea-Keeper Gyro Stabilization System down in the hull that eliminate 95% of the roll while fishing, to the brand new Furuno Forward Scanning Sonar technology on the bridge, no expense was spared when this boat was purchased and retrofitted in 2017. Why does this matter to you? Well on rough days out on the water, the Sea Keeper will keep you and your guests comfortable with a super smooth ride. As for the fishing, the Forward Scanning Sonar allows the Captain to monitor any fish within a 1200 foot radius all around the boat. With a traditional Sonar or “Fish Finder” you look at what you drive over and what you pass directly on top of. This new technology allows us to see a Marlin that may be 800 feet off the Port side of the boat, swimming 100 ft down; a fish that would go unnoticed to any other charter boat in Cabo. During the 2018 Blue Marlin season in the Dominican Republic, this translated into 5 to 6 times the bites other boats were experiencing.
When you spend a day on the Second Wind you aren’t just stepping aboard a beautiful, state of the art yacht, you are also joining a professional fishing team. This isn’t “Fishing 101,” this is more like “Fishing 501.” That being said, it’s nothing to be intimidated by. This crew has spent years and years teaching and helping literally thousands of people catch their first ocean fish, first Marlin, or the trophy of their dreams! And with a 100% English speaking crew that loves to have fun on the water, they are more than happy to explain to you all that goes into what they are doing out on the water to make your day a success.
- Massive cockpit with mezzanine style seating
- Bertram’s comfort and safety stairs leading to a huge fly-bridge with seating for 8
- Expansive air-conditioned salon with creature comforts like satellite tv and Sirius XM radio
- Full state of the art kitchen
- 3 air-conditioned staterooms each with satellite tv
- 40 rods and reels to accommodate anything from the lightest tackle fishing to the heaviest Marlin fishing
- Dredge reels and bridge teasers
- Brand new electronics package by Furuno including the new Forward Scanning Omni Sonar
- Sea-Keeper Gyro Stabilization System which eliminates 95% of the side to side roll
- All safety equipment including satellite phone and emergency life raft
- Food and beverage provided for up to 6 guests, additional guests will be $30 per person. We may not be able to accommodate all special requests but feel free to ask and we’ll see what we can do.
- Professional, experienced, English-speaking crew
- World class tackle, including Penn and Shimano reels and custom rods
- Personal instruction
- Granola bars, cookies, chips on all charters; turkey sandwiches included on full-day charters
- Water and ice-filled Yeti brand cooler
- Soda can be arranged for a nominal fee
Mexican Fishing License: $20 per person fee is NOT included in the cost of your charter, but can be purchased in our office the morning of your charter.
Mexican Sales Tax: Sales tax in Mexico is 16% and is not included in the prices listed above.