The stunning waters surrounding Cabo San Lucas offer some of the best fishing in all North America. If you really are passionate about this sport, it is important to know the best and worst times to come and practice fishing at Cabo, this will make a big difference in the success rate of your experience.
It is said that the best time to fish around Cabo is from May through November, specially if you are looking for sailfish, jack crevalle, yellow grouper, mahi mahi, yellowfin tuna and marlin. Through this season you will find the richest combination of fish abundance.
We would like to share with you a list of the most wanted fish and the best time to find them near Cabo San Lucas:
- Spanish Mackerel or Sierra: May, June and July are the top months to find it.
- Dorado or Mahi Mahi: Between July and November is the best time to fish this stunning creature.
- Black Marlin: From July to December your chances to have an encounter with it are very good.
- Blue Marlin: July, August, September and October are your fantastic four months to find it the most.
- Striped Marlin: The 1st semester of the year (January to July) are great months to find it.
- Roosterfish: May, June, July and August are your lucky months to fish this specimen.
- Sailfish: September, October and November are the top months to enjoy fishing it.
- Snapper: Starting on April and ending on September this fish is present strongly most of the year.
- Yellowfin Tuna: This beloved fish likes to appear the most at the end of the year from September to December.
- Yellowtail: March, April and June are your three best months to catch it.
- Wahoo: From September to January this fish has a strong presence and is most likely to be catch on autumn and winter seasons.
It is known that you can get all this species all year-round, but the chances to catch them will increase greatly if you visit Cabo in the specific season, they are seen the most.
Cabo San Lucas is also known as The Marlin Capital of The World and there is no doubt it is a well-deserved nickname since this paradise is home of thousands of Black, Blue and Striped Marlins.
Where should you start? Contact us and let’s dive and find out.